What Are My Goals for 2011?
Alright, we reviewed just how horribly I did last year in meeting the goals that I had set for myself. It’s time to begin looking forward to 2011 since 2010 is almost over. I really don’t have very distinct goals set in my mind, so please excuse me if I end up going through a bit of a stream of consciousness to get to where I think I will need to be. Any mistakes I make stays. I’m not editing.
- How about the debt? This is a blog about debt after all. Hmm. I’m not going to put a number on it, since I’m about to add that whole tax liability to the running debt total. How about trying to reduce my debt by at least 10%. That’s decently aggressive. I have miles to go before I sleep, but I’m going to at least attempt to do it.
- Since I failed terribly at saving an emergency fund, I really absolutely need to buckle down and save some money for the emergency fund. I guess I should put a dollar amount here. Dave Ramsey recommends $1,000 but I love (typos and it stays) in New York City and $1,000 wouldn’t get me too far. How about $3,000? That’s not a maximum, that’s a minimum. Okay then it’s resolved. I will save at least $3,000 for an emergency fund.
- In order to help me save that much in my emergency fund I need to make some extra money to the tune of $250 a month. Is that doable? I hope so. Okay that will be next on the list. I will make $250 extra per month, save it, and not touch it.
- Life isn’t all about me and my debt. It’s all about Puppy! Puppy is getting a little lonely these days. I need to take puppy to the dog park and make some friends for her. How about trying to get Puppy to the dog park at least once a month? She’ll love it.
- I did make it to the gym at least a few times a week in 2010, but this year I’m doing the cliched thing and I’m losing some weight. It’s a bucket list item and I have to get to it.
- I have to have some goals for this blog. If you’ve been with me from the beginning then you’ll notice that this blog has come a long way. A loooooooong way. It’s not the little engine that could anymore. My goal for this blog is to create a get out of debt course for beginners so that those of you still fighting the good fight against debt with me can have some structure. I absolutely hate writing everything down and all that, but some structure as to how to attack your debt is a good thing.
Okay, that’s enough for me. I’m all about doable goals. I can’t pledge to do something off the wall like skydiving because I know that it won’t happen. Do you guys have goals for 2011? Are you working on them? Are you ready for 2011? Let’s go!
One more thing: I told you that you should have a theme song. My theme song for 2011 is playing already.