Best This Week In Personal Finance
This post is late. I know, I know. I literally drove all night to get home. I left my rental home at almost 3am and got home after 6am and literally crashed into bed. I apologize for the lateness. Anyway, it’s time to bring you the best posts about personal finance that I found this week.
- Wealth Informatics had a post entitled, Where to Get Free stuff : Mega Guide to Freebies. You guys know how much I love free stuff. You should not only visit this page, but bookmark it and visit it often. No boobs needed to score free stuff.
- Boomer & Echo wrote 4 Reasons Why I Don’t Use A Mortgage Broker. I didn’t use one when I purchased my investment property because I do not have a mortgage. I guess that they can be useful, but here is a counterpoint to using one.
- Untempler wrote 3 Ways To Tell You Are Paying Too Much For Car Insurance. If you have a car it’s always a good idea to have insurance but that doesn’t mean that you have to overpay. I shop around every time it’s time to renew my car insurance and sometimes rates would have changed enough to warrant a switch.
- If you don’t have enough money, prioritizing what to pay is a must. That’s why I liked What Debts and Bills Should You Pay First If You Run out of Money over it Invest It Wisely. I know that lots of people are playing this juggling game these days. How many balls can you have up in the air at once?
- Okay this last one isn’t about money, but it’s so useful that I couldn’t help it: Make your own multi-surface cleaner by Miss Thrifty is something that we can all use…if you ever clean your house. I’m a fan of replicating cleaning products if possible, especially since I have my own version of Oxiclean
I included all of these blogs because they have something in common: they have all been nominated for a Plutus Award. This award is the Oscars of independent personal finance blogs. I’m honored to have been nominated and now selected as a finalist in both the Frugality and Debt blog categories. If you have a moment, please go over to the site and vote for me! I appreciate your votes.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! I’ll be chowing down on burgers and barbequed goodness on Monday.