No matter what occupation you choose, the ultimate goal is to find a job that you love that also provides you with a means of supporting your lifestyle and impending retirement in the future. However, it can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint exactly how much money you need to put away and what you should[…]
At 56 my mom is smack dab in the middle of the Baby Boomer generation. For some reason, she still thinks that she’s pretty young and hip. Her new obsession has become the weekly sales at Macy’s. I’ve tried hard to tell her that she’s getting old and needs to begin preparing for retirement, but, she somehow thinks that 50 is the new 40. Instead my mom is busy updating her look from somewhere near 1984 into 2001.
I know that at some point reality with hit her like a brick wall, because Baby Boomers, things aren’t going to be as simple as you thought it would be. In fact, I think that a lot, okay most of you guys are pretty much screwed. Here’s why: […]
I promised that I would share how I plan on retiring at 40, so this is it. If you’ve ever wanted to know how a regular Jane can do this, here’s your chance. First, we have to get one thing out of the way before we even talk about my actual plans:
Retirement does not mean the same thing for everyone. What I plan on doing is retirement will most likely be far from your idea of retirement.
Back when the dinosaurs roamed way back in your parents’ or grandparents’ day, retirement might have meant sitting at home watching television, while knitting socks. They might occasionally take a cruise, visit the grand kids or host family events. That’s not my idea of retirement. […]
Stacy Johnson at Money Talks News developed a great video on retirement planning mistakes that we should all avoid. According to Stacy, only 13% of all Americans feel that they will be comfortable in retirement. The other 87% of us are clearly worried and should be avoiding the mistakes that Stacy highlights. Mistakes That We[…]
If you’re not good at saving money, saving for your retirement can be stressful and overwhelming. But don’t let the pressure get you down. There are several tips and tools to help you prepare for your retirement years. Knowing your retirement options can put you on the right path, as can a retirement savings calculator, by which you can estimate the future value of your retirement savings. […]
As the plan administrator for my company’s 401K I have a window seat into all the activity for our 401K plan. What I’ve seen over the past year is a flurry of individuals taking out loans. Some individuals literally pay off a loan one week and begin another loan the following week, never giving their[…]