OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE YES, I AM CHEAP FOURTH BLOGIVERSARY KINDLE FIRE GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
These are the Official Rules (“Rules”) for the Yes, I Am Cheap Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by me! By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Rules and any decisions of the Sponsor(s) regarding this Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes will commence at 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EST) on July 2, 2013 and end at 11:59 PM (EST) on July 7, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Yes, I Am Cheap’s computer that receives entries is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- You must be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your state of residence, whichever is older, and a resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia to enter. Employees of Sponsor(s) and its parent, affiliated and related entities, and any entity involved in the administration or operation of this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family (spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild) of such employees or persons living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter.
- You can enter the Sweepstakes by signing up for the free Yes, I Am Cheap newsletter through (1) making a purchase as directed via Rafflecopter and confirmation of your purchase during the Sweepstakes period; by (2) becoming an affiliate of the site mentioned on Rafflecoper; (3) “liking” Yes, I Am Cheap on Facebook during the Sweepstakes Period; (4) Following Yes, I Am Cheap on Twitter; or by (5) tweeting about this contest. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incompletely received, or incomplete, for any reason, will not be eligible and are not the responsibility of Yes, I Am Cheap and its sponsors. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
- Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry, or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, and/or through other third-party websites, automated means or software programs are prohibited and will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Yes, I Am Cheap, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void.
- Five (5) winners will be chosen by random at the conclusion of the contest on July 9, 2013 and will be notified within 10 days. The following are the types of prizes: One (1) custom cell phone case.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of prizes and the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period at the time of the drawing.
- All persons selected as winners must be confirmed as satisfying these Rules before they are declared a winner. Potential winners will be notified by email at the address provided with their entry. If a notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner does not respond to notification within 48 hours of the initial email communication, that potential winner will forfeit his/her prize and a new winner will be selected based on a random drawing of eligible entries. All persons are eligible to win only once during the Sweepstakes.
- Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release and if required for tax reporting purposes, to provide their tax identification number (by completing a Form W-9) (collectively the “Winner Documents”) as a condition to winning the prize. Any potential winner that fails to return the Winner Documents within seven (7) days of their being sent by the Sponsor will forfeit his/her prize and a new winner will be selected based on a random drawing of eligible entries.
- There are no substitutions, include cash substitutions, for prizes, except that Yes, I Am Cheap reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a particular prize is not available. Prizes are not transferable.
- All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). These Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative Yes, I Am Cheap. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, entrants agree that Yes, I am Cheap, and its Sponsor(s) and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) shall have no liability for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Released Parties to use prize winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and each winner hereby releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. The winner’s first name, last initial, city and state may be disclosed on YesIAmCheap.com and its newsletters, Twitter account, and Facebook page as well as by the Sweepstakes Sponsor(s). Winners may also be asked to give a short quote for Sweepstakes promotion and announcements.
- ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS FOR QUEENS COUNTY, NEW YORK. THESE RULES WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CHOICE OF LAW PRINCIPLES. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Yes, I Am Cheap and not to Facebook or Twitter.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.