Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it feels like it snuck up on all of us. This year, everyone is paying a bit more attention to their finances, but that usually goes out the door with the Thanksgiving meal. Well, now you don’t have to break your wallet to have a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with your family. Ibotta and Walmart have teamed up to help you have a traditional Thanksgiving meal for a low as FREE.
I know, it sounds too good to be true but this is legitimate and EVERYONE who has access to a Walmart and the Ibotta application can do it. To make sure that it all worked perfectly, I tested it out myself and have already snagged a few items on the list. Sorry, I’m not a fan of turkey but we can talk about that later.
First, download Ibotta, and then scroll to “Free Thanksgiving Dinner”. Once you click the banner the application will open a screen showing how much they will reimburse you for buying each product.
They are currently offering the following:
- $9.98 back on a Butterball Turkey roast, 3 pounds or the whole turkey
- $1.34 back on a Great Value pack of Fine Green Beans, 12 oz frozen bag
- $1.92 back on French’s Original Crispy Fried Onions, 2.8 oz canister
- $1.89 back on Coca-Cola 2 liter. Lots of varieties except Diet Coke
- $1.88 back on Idahoan Mashed Potatoes, 8 oz
- $0.82 back on Great Value Flavored Stuffing, 6oz box
- $0.98 back on Great Value Cranberry Sauce 14 oz can
- $0.98 back on Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup, 10.5 oz can
- $0.98 back on McCormick’s Turkey Gravy packet – SOLD OUT!!!!
That sounds like lots of things on a traditional Thanksgiving menu and if the price is right, you can get them all for FREE.
How to Redeem The Free Thanksgiving Meal Offer
How it works is that you select the item in Ibotta and add it to your list of items that you want cashback for. You then buy the items at Walmart – either in-store or via Walmart Pickup and Delivery – then you upload a copy of your receipt showing that you bought. Your receipt must be uploaded within 7 days of purchase. Hurry because this offer is limited and like the McCormick’s gravy, if enough people claim and redeem the offer, you won’t be able to.
This is one of the best offers that I have seen on the application, especially when everyone is thinking of how to save money. If you don’t like Walmart or if you don’t have one near you, Ibotta has offers for money off on turkey and more Thanksgiving items at different major supermarkets as well, so there might be an offer that you can use.
If you do use this offer for free Thanksgiving dinner, let me know how it went! Full disclosure, we are an affiliate of Ibotta and will receive credit if you sign up through them and cash in an offer.