Now that we’ve reviewed a little of 2009 it’s time to begin looking forward. I know that there are many things that I can count on. I am counting on some unseen setbacks in the form of the following:
Like any true disaster readiness program, a serious plan has to be made. Last year I wanted to learn about debt and making some extra money on the side, and this year I think that I need to implement everything that I have learned. I don’t look at these things as resolutions. Here’s my checklist:
- Get to work on time and leave on time so that I have some time to myself
- Turn off the damn Blackberry
- Use extra time to make extra money
- Use the extra money to build emergency fund
- After emergency fund gets to at least $1,000, invest $25 per month into Prosper
- Concentrate on pay off all bills except the big Stud (student loans) and Mama HELOC
- Get a tax refund? Put half to emergency fund and half to paying off a bill
- After paying off one bill, put half of that bill’s minimum payment to emergency fund each pay period
- Look at ways to build my skills to position myself for a better, ah, position?
- Take fat ass to the gym
- Visit Grandma. Sounds simple but it’s a whole different country and I can’t see paying for a vacation
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.