Renewable power sources are getting quite popular these days with the ongoing campaign to go green. Out of all the renewable energy sources, solar energy happens to be one of the most popular among households as energy from the sun can be harnessed with the use of solar panels and estimating the amount of your cash outlay can be done easily with the price estimator from AGL Solar Energy. Many homeowners decide to install solar panels for the desire to go green and at the same time decrease their dependence on local energy sources. With the rising cost of energy, it would be to the benefit of every family to look for ways and means to decrease their electric bills without being deprived of using their gadgets and appliances and this can be best done by using solar energy. Here’s a list of the reasons why going for solar energy is advantageous for you:
- Solar energy is a sustainable and renewable energy resource. We may have heard countless times that preserving our natural assets should be a primary concern and taking action is truly necessary. The effects of continued use of non-renewable energy such as natural gas, uranium and oil can be felt as these resources are exhaustible and these resources will definitely run out with the continued demand for more energy due to rapid development in various nations. Since solar energy is practically available to everyone, everywhere, they are a great option.
- Solar power is energy efficient. When you take a closer look at the electric bills of your home or business, you will immediately realize that there are a lot of additional costs on top of the energy charges. For instance, there are transmission charges as well as costs for maintenance and so on and you can avoid all of these fees by using solar energy. Since using solar energy means decentralization and societies can become self-reliant.
- You can be eligible for rebates and trade-in tariffs. Investing in solar energy can be expensive especially at first but you can save a lot with some help from the government. One of the best things why solar energy is a great thing is the fact that the government supports home or business owners who are planning to invest on solar energy. You can be eligible for upfront rebates when you buy your solar power system through STCs or Small-Scale Technology Certificates. This way, you get to pay a lesser amount for your system.Another thing that makes investing on solar energy highly attractive is the fact that there are solar feed-in tariffs. These feed-in tariffs will make you eligible for extra credits on your electric bill. The schemes which are used to claim these credits differ from one state to another and there will also be other factors that need to be considered such as the presence of a bi-directional meter and the size of your solar power system. By exporting more energy into the grid, you will be eligible for more credits.
- Solar energy is cost effective. With the rising cost of electricity, people are constantly complaining about the amount that they have to pay to electric companies. Remote areas are particularly susceptible to high energy costs and this can be avoided by being less reliant on electric companies. Despite huge starting investments, your investment on a solar power system will pay you off over time by providing free electricity to your home or business.
- Solar energy is environmentally friendly and noise-free. Since photovoltaic cells are used to capture the energy from the sun, you do not have to worry about causing pollution or emitting by products which are harmful to the environment and to human beings. Aside from that, converting solar energy to a usable form will not generate any noise.
These days, a lot of people are looking for ways and means to save energy and reduce their carbon footprint and solar energy systems is a great way to decrease energy costs while helping the environment.