Welcome to Yes, I Am Cheap. Since 2009 I have been documenting my own journey out of debt and sharing which techniques have worked and which I have completely failed at. I have been the guinea pig of just about everything debt related and by now, I’ve learned enough to share everything with you. Whether you have a six figure debt like I did, or if you’re paying back a much smaller debt, there are tons of resources on this site to help you.
This website is chocked full of 7 years of stories of trial and error while I was working my debt down. If you think that paying off a 5 figure debt means making a six figure income, I an verify that I’ve never hit a six figure income. I am a huge believer in using good old cash, sacrificing, living frugally, being responsible, and having side hustles to supplement your income!
Are you interested in reducing your debt? That’s pretty much what I do all year long. I’ve also created a handy free guide to how I repaid $50,000 in less than two years. You must subscribe to the blog to get access to this real world, no nonsense guide or you can read the shorter version here without subscribing.
Feel free to connect with me on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest! You can also shoot me an e-mail if you’d like. I’m pretty responsive.
- Get A New iPhone? Heck No!
- Entrepreneurship Is Not About The Money
- I Grew Up Poor And Survived
- How I Can Afford To Retire At 40
- 5 Dumb Ideas That Made Millions
Getting The Basics Down
- The Debt Snowball and Snowflake Methods
- Four Ways to Save Money and Reduce Debt
- Differences Between Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement
- The Consequences of Too Much Debt
- Your Credit Score: What Is It and How Can You Improve it?
- Closing Credit Cards Can Be Good For Your Credit Score
- Rectify Your Credit Score Through These Proactive Tips
- Use Credit Karma To Track Your Credit Score For Free
- Keys To A Good Credit Score
Make A Little Extra
- I Make Money Online: Blogging
- I Make Money Online: Building Niche Sites
- I Make Money Online: Virtual Assistant
- I Make Money Online: Selling eBooks
- 5 Easy Ways to Make Money by Using Your Credit Cards
Investing and My Real Estate Adeventures
- Finance 101: Different Types of Mortgages
- Calculating Your Mortgage Payments with Excel
- How To Save Thousands of Dollars On Your Mortgage Without Refinancing
- Paying off Your Home: The Biweekly Mortgage
Tax and All That Jazz
- IRS Early Filing Tax Refund Scam Growing Like Mad
- The Procrastinator’s Guide To Filing Income Taxes Infographic
- Ten IRS Tax Audit Red Flags
- Video: Stop Giving Uncle Sam A Free Loan
Insurance – You Totally Need This
- Think You Don’t Need Life Insurance? 5 Reasons You Do
- Saving Money On Your Car Insurance
- Why You Shouldn’t Depend On Your Employer’s Life Insurance
- Debt After Death: What Happens?
- Making It Through College On A Budget
- For Profit Student Loan Default Rate Hits 25%
- This Is A Stick-up. Gimme Your Financial Aid
More to come as I have time!